Sock Religious St. Elizabeth of Hungary Socks
by St. Patrick's Gifts & Books
Born a Princess of Hungary, Elizabeth was betrothed at a very young age to a German Prince. Once married, her faith deepened and she began living similarly to the Franciscans of whom she admired. She wore simple clothing and began sneaking bread out of the castle to feed the poor on her land.
On one of her outings she was stopped by her husband who demanded to see the food she was hiding in her cloak, but when she opened her cloak it was filled with red and white roses. In that moment, he knew she was doing God’s work and supported her charitable efforts.
When disease and floods struck her land, she cared for the victims and had a hospital built. Upon her husband’s death she took a vow of celibacy and vowed to never remarry.
St. Elizabeth of Hungary, pray for us!
- The Largest Catholic Sock Company… probably.
- Tens of thousands of people are already wearing our socks.
- These socks are sure to be a conversation starter and evangelization opportunity.
- Our socks make great Catholic gifts for all occasions: First Communion, Confirmation, Ordination, Wedding, Christmas Presents, Easter Baskets, Graduation.
- Proudly made in the USA by our team in Indianapolis, IN.
- Each sock’s essential stitches represent the Holy Family: Tan around the inside of the cuff, representing St. Joseph as head and protector of the Holy Family. Blue (outside) and white (inside) representing Mary and Jesus stitched across the toe of every sock.
- A portion of production goes to make socks for our brothers and sisters experiencing homelessness in Indianapolis, IN.